Well, a new post after a loooong time. I changed jobs, a lot happened in between and I decided to start writing more often. Thought it's a public blog, it's just a way for me to express my feeling, write what I think and some times just 'document' some useful info....both related to work and life.
I've been trying to analyze the actions/reactions of President Obama (before and after he got elected). I am supported him (thought I can't vote) just because I thought he is better alternative (especially after McCain chose "Palin" :-).
Well, back to the topic - what I don't get is, is he acting like he promised during campaign? Or he is too overwhelmed and just following what his team (I mean his White house team) who are old timers (as you know most of them are from Clinton era) are saying.
Some of his actions are contradicting to what he said during campaign. For example, he said his policies will be made public and he'll sign a bill only after it is debated in public. He signed second stimulus plan with the same rush that George Bush did.
And today, he posed a tough stance against auto makers, ousted GM CEO etc.... What about Wall street? He gave billions of dollars, all *without* pre conditions and no questions asked.
What I didn't like is, his comment on Tonight's show couple of weeks back - when Jay Leno asked him, "What happened to all the money given to the banks". He explained in detail (which is not what you expect in Tonight's show) that they took the money and used it to raise the capital (basically they are keeping it with them). Then he went to say that they are going to start a new program to 'buy toxic assets' in the hope that they can now start lending. What is the guarantee?
I think every rational person is going to ask this question - "Why this preferential treatment for wall street?". I think it's because every congressmen and senate memeber is worried about their savings, their friends and the millions of dollars of future income.
That's al......
No comments:
Post a Comment