Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Cheap domestic and internation VOIP calls from iPhone

I have an iPhone 3G (Like millions of others....) and I found a way to make cheap domestic/international calss. It required jailbroken phones and is fairly easy to do.
First get a SIP compatible VOIP account (I used actionvoip.com, but there are many). Subscribe and fund it with some money.
Get Fringe (it's from official App Store) or there are many others like TruPhone. There are few apps in Cydia (jailbroken app store) also.
Then you configure the SIP account. So far it is straightforward. However,Fringe and any other official VIOP client only allows VIOP calls over WiFi.
For this, we can install "ViopOver3G"from Cydia. It simply tricks any application to think that it's on WiFi!. By default, it tricks iTunes and Fringe (Since these are two obvious application, first one to download big podcasts and Fringe for Voip Calls).
You are all set - I can make any call any where....

No comments:

Post a Comment