Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ads...especially picture and flash ads

This is in my mind for long time...Whenever I see the ads on any page, I always wonder, who are the people clicking them. 99% (or 99.99%) of them are so dumb - that brings a question - are there that many people who are dumb to click on an ad (and even more dumb to purchase some thing of that link?).
Even on google.com, when I am searching for some product, I always hesitate to click the ads (Unless the links are from major sites like amazon.com, ebay.com). Why? I know that these ads are there because they paid huge bucks to google. More over, when I click on it they are going to pay google even more (as much as 10 - 15$ per CLICK!). How can I expect a good deal from such companies - see I am shopping on internet expecting a good deal. I am sure I can't get a good deal from thise sites who spent such big money on getting placement high on google search results.
While we are on the subject, I think every one should visit these sites for all you purchase needs -
monoprice.com - Any cable/adaptor/accessories/small electronics. HDMI cables are only couple of bucks.

amazon.com - First check this site before buying any where - Make sure you are buying from amazon.com (and not their partners) - as amazon.com has free shipping for >$25 items and others don't. Also, usually the prices by amazon.com are usually less.

Read reviews on any product - Just type the product name and search for reviews. You need to be careful in deciding which are biased and which are not.

Enough of my jibberish - I think the only use of me writing this blog is that I am testing my typing speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment